MailOnline’s Shivali Best put Wineapp to the test to see if it could recommend appropriate wines based on her food tastes.
Her answers to the quiz were:
1. How do you like your coffee?
– Strong and black
– Pretty normal, no milk
– With milk and/or a bit of sugar
– I don’t do coffee
2. Do you like mixed red and dark berries?
– Love them, I eat them straight from the pack!
– Like them in my cereal, yoghurt and in sauces
– Sure, but not all the time
– So so
– Meh, not really
3. How do you feel about salt?
– I have to have it on everything
– Bothers me when food is under-salted
– Don’t miss it when it’s not on my food
– Take it or leave it
– Don’t really like salty stuff
4. Do you like citrus?
– The more mouth-puckering the better
– I enjoy most citrust flavours regularly
– I drink the occasional glass of OJ
– Nope, not at all
5. How spicy are you?
– Pepper and spice is LIFE
– I like peppery and spicy food a lot
– In moderation, normal amounts
– I like white/black pepper but not spicy food
– Can’t stand pepper and spice
6. How adventurous are you when it comes to food and drink?
– I’ll try absolutely anything and everything
– Always looking to try something new
– I don’t actively seek out new tastes
– I only stick to what I know and like
Shivali was recommended a range of red, white and rose wines on Wineapp’s shop
Based on these answers, Shivali was recommended a range of red, white and rose wines on Wineapp’s shop, but opted for the top four recommendations:
1. Whispering Angel Rosé (£22.95)
Whispering Angel has long been a favourite among rosé fans, but this was the first time I’d actually tried it – it certainly won’t be my last though!
With notes of citrus and red berries – two ingredients I said I enjoyed in my quiz – this wine was absolutely delicious, and would be perfect for summer.